At Dakal Lighting we strongly believe in energy efficiency and doing what we can to reduce our own and our customer’s Carbon Footprints.
By switching to LED Lighting from a more traditional form of lighting, energy inefficiency can be reduced by up to 90%.
Benefits of Energy Efficiency
- Save money
- Reduce your Carbon Footprint
- Improve the Economy
- Improve Quality of Life
- Help the Environment
How We Can Help
By switching to LED Lighting you can save between 30%-80% (an average of 50%) every month on electricity bills.
At Dakal Lighting we have an in-house Workshop where we can convert almost any fitting to LED, meaning that you don’t even have to replace your whole fitting.
We offer different types of Sensors and Dimming including PIR Sensors, Microwave Sensors, Daylight Harvest Dimming, Digital Dimming, Analogue Dimming and more – for more information see our Downloads section.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations came into force in January 2007.
Any business that manufactures, imports or re-brands electrical or electronic equipment will now pick up the costs of collection, treatment and recycling products they place on the market, including distance sellers.
The new Regulations require producers to:
- identify volume and weight of all products they place on the market
- register their obligations with the relevant authorities via a compliance scheme (Electrolink)
- manage the collection of waste WEEE from private households via designated collection sites throughout the UK
- take back equipment from business users as defined in the regulations
- pay for transport, treatment, recycling and recovery costs
- Only use authorised treatment facilities that have all the relevant permits
- meet recycling and recovery targets for their product range
- prove to the relevant authority that you have met your obligations
- provide product information and mark your products showing that they will not be disposed of but recycled
- declare your registration number to distributors before you can sell
- Retailers also have obligations to take back old equipment when they replace it on a like for like basis.
Here at Dakal we use Electrolink, they help us take care of all of our lamp recycling, to ensure all of the above rules and regulations are met.
WEEE Registration No. = WEE-JH0060TU